Chuck Roast The perfect family dinner. The hardest part will be peeling the potatoes.
Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes (skinned and quartered)
Salt and Pepper
- Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. You could marinate the chuck roast in the fridge for an hour to 24 hours but results are still delicious if you are making this meal same day and have no time for marinades.
- Wash the potatoes under a cold tap, dry and peel.
- Slice the potatoes diagonally into thick disks. Slice two more times until you’re left with four smaller pieces.
- Pour a small amount of water into a baking pan, just enough to cover the surface of the pan. Line the pan with the quartered potatoes and finally set your roast in the center of the pan.
- Cover the meat with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350-375 degrees. Technically speaking, it’s 20 minutes per pound but if you buy your groceries like the everyday person, this will usually work out to cooking for an hour to 80 minutes.
- At the 30 minute mark, remove the foil and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes. The roast should come out medium rare with a light pink color. If you enjoy a well-done roast, cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- There you have it Roast and Potatoes. Enjoy!
Remember mtrpodcasts are found on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher. Subscribe and share using #mtrthenetwork and #mtrpodcasts
Follow Mtrthenetwork on Instagram & Twitter | @mtrpodcasts use #mtrpodcasts
Follow Rob on Instagram @lordleemtr and Dann D. on Instagram @CrownCityCook
Like Mtrthenetwork on Facebook | mtrpodcasts